To configure Squarespace to work with your domain name, you need to edit your www CNAME record and your @ A record. You can edit these zone file records using the Zone File Editor in the DNS Manager.
To Map Your Domain Name to Squarespace
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- From the Tools menu, select DNS Manager. The DNS Dashboard displays.
- For the domain name you want to use with your Squarespace account, click Edit Zone. The Zone File Editor displays.
- In the A (Host) section, click the @ record.
- In the Points To field, type 184.108.40.206.
- In the CNAME (Alias) section, click the www record.
- In the Points to field, type www.squarespace.com.
- Click Zone File Editor, and then click OK.
- Log in to your Squarespace site manager.
- From the Custom Domain tab, click check setup.
NOTE: It can take up to 48 hours for the Internet to reflect any DNS changes you make.