All of our hosting plans include a number of free server-side applications that you can use when developing and customizing your websites. You can install these applications by visiting the Value Applications from your Hosting Control Center.
NOTE: You cannot install applications through Value Applications if you are using a free hosting plan.
This application is included with your hosting plan. There’s no need to install or activate this component. You can use it as soon as your hosting account is set up.
- ImageMagick is a powerful set of image manipulation utilities that you can access through your code to create, edit, and compose bitmap images.
Are you looking for more complete Web applications to enhance your website? These applications make it easy to configure and add functionality to your Web pages. Setup is a snap. You can use our hosting tools to automatically install and set up these add-on applications. For a complete list of available applications, visit the Value Applications Home.
Set up a Blog
- Nucleus lets you set up and maintain multiple blogs. It supports multiple languages and includes a commenting system and search feature.
- Geeklog is a feature-rich PHP/MySQL blogging tool that you can use to set up and manage a fully functional dynamic website.
- pLog is an advanced PHP/MySQL blogging platform built around a powerful and highly customizable template system.
- Serendipity is PHP/MySQL blogging tool that you can use to create a dynamic website. Serendipity includes an easy-to-use WYSIWYG editing interface.
- WordPress is a personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. It supports multiple users, categories, comments, bookmarklets, RSS syndication, several APIs, and weblogs.com notification, among other features.
- Gallery is the next generation of open source photo sharing Web applications. Gallery gives you an intuitive way to blend photo management seamlessly into your own website whether you’re running a small personal site or a large community site. Hundreds of thousands of people and organizations are using Gallery to create personalized photo albums on their websites.
- Coppermine Photo Gallery
- Coppermine is a photo gallery tool that enables you to arrange pictures in categories and albums, create thumbnails of images, search for pictures, and view slideshows.
- 4images is a Web-based image gallery management system where visitors can register and post comments about pictures in your gallery.
Build Dynamic websites
- Joomla! is one of the most powerful Open Source Content Management Systems on the planet. It is used all over the world for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications. Joomla! is easy to install, simple to manage, and reliable.
- Mambo is a full-featured content management system that can be used for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications.
- XOOPS is a content management system (CMS) that allows administrators to easily create dynamic websites. It is an ideal tool for developing small to large dynamic community websites, intra company portals, corporate portals, weblogs and much more. It can be installed on an Internet host with a PHP-capable web server (e.g. Apache) and a database (e.g. MySQL).
- PostNuke is software that creates an impressive, dynamic website and provides the webmaster with a site they can administer with a minimal amount of HTML knowledge through a Web browser.
- Moodle is a course management system (CMS) – a free, Open Source software package designed using sound pedagogical principles, to help educators create effective online learning communities. It can scale from a single-teacher site to a 50,000-student University.
- WWW Paint Board
- WWW Paint Board is a dynamic painting tool that allows users to draw pictures online using Vector Markup Language (VML) technology.
Create an Online Community
- Advanced Guestbook
- Advanced Guestbook is a feature-rich PHP script that you can use to add a guestbook to your website.
- phpCollab is a collaboration and project management system that enables you to set up and manage a projects and share files.
- SiteBar is a multi-user, multi-group bookmark server that lets you view, add, import, and maintain bookmarks from any Internet-connected computer.
- Aardvark Topsites
- Aardvark Topsites is an advanced PHP script that you can use to create a list of Web pages that users can access and rank.
- Simple Machines Forum (SMF)
- SMF is an advanced community software package that enables you to set up and manage online community forums.
- Vanilla Forum
- Vanilla is a free lightweight and extensible open source forum software using PHP scripting language and MySQL database management system.
- Drupal is software that allows an individual or a community of users to easily publish, manage and organize a great variety of content on a website. Tens of thousands of people and organizations have used Drupal to set up scores of different kinds of websites.
- phpMyFAQ is a multilingual, database-driven FAQ-management system that you can use to create and manage an FAQ on your website.
- Noah’s Classifieds
- Noah’s Classifieds is a PHP-based general purpose application that allows you to upload, run, and manage classified ads online.
- The Open Media Lending Database (OpenDB) is a PHP/MySQL inventory application that allows you to easily catalog DVDs, VCDs, CDs, VHS tapes, games, books, and laser discs.