You can establish a more professional identity for your Wix site by pointing it to a domain name you register through us. Instead of entering your Wix URL to view your site, visitors can enter your domain name. For example, you can point your www.wix.com/username/documentname site to your domain name.
To Configure Your Domain Name to Work with Wix
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- From the Tools menu, select DNS Manager. The DNS Dashboard displays.
- For the domain name you want to point to your Wix site, click Edit Zone. The Zone File Editor displays.
- In the A (Host) section, click the @ record to edit it.
- In the Points To field, delete the existing IP address, and then type 18.104.22.168.
- Click Save Zone File, and then click OK.
- Log in to your Wix account.
- Click My Account.
- Click Manage Premium, and then click Domains.
- In the Add & Connect Domains section, click Already have a domain?
- In the Pointing section, click Next.
- In the Domain Name field, enter your domain name (without the www), and then click Continue.
- In the Connect Your Wix Site section, select the Wix document you want to connect to your domain name.
- Click Save, and then click Done.
It can take up to 48 hours for your domain name’s settings to propagate.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Wix.com, Inc.