Default site directory
- This page serves as a placeholder until you upload site content. It lets visitors know that a website is in the works.
- This is the PHP 4 initialization file. It can manage forms, server, and environmental variables, server-side cookies, temporary directories, error display, and error logging. If you are running PHP 5, you can create a php5.ini file to accomplish the same tasks.
- This is the default shared hosting 404 error page. It can be replaced with a custom page.
- gdform.php and webformmailer.php
- These scripts are used to create a user form that emails you its contents.
Webformmailer.php was added in May, 2008.
- This is the icon displayed in a user’s browser address bar. A blank one is provided by default.
- This directory and its contents contain an application that tracks your site’s visitor statistics, accessible from coolexample.com/stats, where coolexample.com is your domain name. Log into the stats using your FTP user name and password.
Default scripts directory (cgi)
- gdform.cgi and gdformssl.cgi
- These scripts are used to create a user form that emails you its contents. Gdformssl.cgi uses SSL to transmit data.