All of our Windows hosting plans include a number of free server-side applications that you can use when developing and customizing your Web sites.
NOTE: You cannot install applications through Value Applications if you are using a free hosting plan.
All of these applications are included with your hosting account. There’s no need to install or activate these components. You can use them as soon as your hosting account is set up.
- Microsoft IE Web Controls
- Using the Microsoft Internet Explorer Web Controls, you can create tabbed menus, toolbars, and tree-view navigation for your website.
- Web Services Enhancements (WSE 2.0)
- Web Services Enhancements (WSE 2.0) provides you with the latest advanced Web services capabilities for your ASP applications.
- AspUpload 3.0
- With AspUpload 3.0, you can use your ASP application to capture, save, and process files uploaded with a Web browser.
- AspJpeg 2.0
- With AspJpeg 2.0 you can use your ASP or ASP.NET application to create high-quality image thumbnails. AspJpeg 2.0 supports JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, or PNG formats. AspJpeg requires ASP.NET 1.1.
Our shared hosting community, Value Applications , features streamlined installation of the most popular quick-install applications, application reviews, and a user forum. For more information, see our Value Applications articles. For a complete list of available applications, visit the Value Applications Home.
Start a blog
- BlogEngine.NET is an open source .NET blogging project that was born out of desire for a better blog platform. A blog platform with less complexity, easy customization, and one that takes advantage of the latest .NET features.
- DotNetNuke is an open-source Web Application Framework ideal for creating and deploying projects such as commercial websites, corporate intranets and extranets, online publishing portals, and custom vertical applications.
Run a message board or forum
- YetAnotherForum.NET (YAF) is a Open Source discussion forum or bulletin board system for websites running ASP.NET. The latest version is ASP.NET v2.0 with a Microsoft SQL Server backend. The full C# source code is available licensed as GPL.